Friday, April 25, 2008

Protect your home with homeowner insurance

There are few things more valuable in life than our own personal space or the home we make for our families. Our place to live is often the most valuable commodity in our lives and the contents within are frequently not just expensive, but of great personal value. With unfortunate occurrences such as flood/storm damage, burgled, fire and more, threatening our homes and their contents, by not having homeowner insurance we are leaving ourselves open to serious financial loss. After the sizable investment you have made in buying your home, furnishing and decorating it, you can insure yourself against risks with a homeowner insurance policy.

Generally these policies are broken down into two major components; buildings insurance and home contents insurance. The buildings insurance covers your home's bricks and mortar, that is the home itself. Home contents insurance covers most other things contained within your home. Insurers will need a lot of information including the construction date and materials for the building, and different insurers might not insure unusual properties such as prefabricated buildings and thatched cottages. Insurers also need to know about the local lie of the land to assess the flood-risk.

If your property is used as security for a loan (a mortgage or another secured loan) then it will likely be a requirement that you arrange and maintain suitable homeowner insurance cover for the building for the term which the loan covers. This requirement ensures that should something untoward happen to your home, for example a fire or a flood, the value of your property (and your lender's investment) is not adversely effected.

Before you buy your homeowner insurance, it is vital to know exactly what you are looking for and what you need from your policy. That is why ez-insuranceportal have compiled an exclusive guide to home insurance to point you in the right direction. ez-insuranceportal can now offer something for everyone with insurance for homeowner insurance , tenants and landlords. Increasingly, mortgage lenders will insist that you have buildings insurance to obtain a mortgage. This ez-insuranceportal also covers most major lines of insurance, such as auto insurance, health insurance, life insurance etc.


Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Label Cloud